Drive Green, Save Green
Pay-As-You-Go insurance, or a mileage-based ;insurance discount, adjusts auto insurance rates based on the number of miles driven, and encourages drivers to drive less to save more. By driving fewer miles, Pay-As-You-Go insurance helps consumers lower their vehicle emission levels (burning gasoline produces carbon dioxide), contributing to worldwide environmental efforts.
Here are some additional tips to drive green.
- Avoid sudden starts. Sudden acceleration burns more gasoline, releases more vehicle emissions, and costs you more money.
- Opt for rolling down windows. A vehicle's air-conditioning uses significant amounts of gasoline, so roll down windows to help save money and drive green.
- Maintain a steady speed. Again, sudden starts and stops burn a large amount of gasoline, so try to keep a steady speed.
- Buy a Fuel-Efficient Car. Better fuel efficiency means less waste of our natural resources. According to Kiplinger's Personal Finance, if you set your sights on a car that gets 30 miles per gallon, you could be saving approximately $550 per year.
- Carpool. By carpooling with co-workers, family, or friends, drivers can drive green. If they are also in a Pay-As-You-Go insurance program, they can receive an insurance discount for driving less.
- Maintain your vehicle. Drive green by checking your tire air pressure, changing your oil, and performing other routine vehicle maintenance that will help keep a car running smoothly.
For more tips to drive green, visit ecodriving USA at www.ecodrivingusa.com.
Nearly two-thirds of Californian households would receive an insurance discount under pay-as-you-drive insurance with an average savings of $276 per vehicle per year.
-Environmental Defense Fund Learn More
Pay-as-you-drive insurance programs would reduce the number of accidents, the amount of congestion, pollution (including CO2 emissions) and help increase oil security. -Brookings Institute Learn More
Want to enroll in a pay-as-you-drive insurance program? The Low-Mileage Discount is offered in 35 states. Learn More
Drive Less, Save More!
Save on Auto Insurance with National General Insurance Low Mileage Discounts offered exclusively to OnStar SubscribersLearn More
Save on Gas with our Commuter Calculator
If you drive less, calculate your savings with ourCommuter Calculator
It's free. And it only takes a few minutes.
to preferred customer code ON-6F.