Pay-As-You-Go Insurance Discounts: Get the Facts
- If all U.S. motorists had Pay-As-You-Go insurance, driving would decline by eight percent nationwide, saving about $50 to $60 billion a year in driving accidents and other car-related damage.
- If the state of California implemented a Pay-As-You-Go insurance program, it would result in an eight-percent decrease in driving from light-duty vehicles.
- California’s state government would save $54 million annually based on 2006 data and $60 million based on 2020 projections if they implemented Pay-As-You-Go insurance programs.
- Almost two out of three U.S. households would receive an average insurance discount of $270 per car if all motorists had Pay-As-You-Go insurance.
- Pay-As-You-Go insurance programs would reduce the number of accidents, the amount of congestion, and pollution (including CO2 emissions), and would help increase oil security.
- It would take an 81-cent-per-gallon increase in the gas tax to achieve the six and a half-percent reduction in miles driven that Pay-As-You-Go insurance programs would achieve.
- Initial research estimates that Pay-As-You-Go insurance could reduce driving by five to 15 percent. A 10 percent reduction in driving is estimated to result in a 17-percent reduction in crashes.
Environmental Defense Fund:
- The total U.S. CO2 emissions would decrease by two percent and oil consumption by four-percent if all motorists had Pay-As-You-Go insurance.
- Nearly two-thirds of Californian households would receive an insurance discount under Pay-As-You-Go insurance with an average savings of $270 per vehicle per year.
Initial research estimates that pay-as-you-drive insurance could reduce driving by five to 15 percent. A 10 percent reduction in driving is estimated to result in a 17 percent reduction in crashes. -Sightline Institute Learn More
California's state government would save $54 million annually based on 2006 data and $60 million based on 2020 projections if they implemented pay-as-you-drive insurance programs.
-Brookings Institute Learn More
Save up to 54 percent on auto insurance by enrolling in the Low-Mileage Discount. Those who drive less, save more with National General Insurance. Learn More
Drive Less, Save More!
Save on Auto Insurance with National General Insurance Low Mileage Discounts offered exclusively to OnStar SubscribersLearn More
Save on Gas with our Commuter Calculator
If you drive less, calculate your savings with ourCommuter Calculator
It's free. And it only takes a few minutes.
to preferred customer code ON-6F.